Saturday, October 31, 2015

A Native American Custom


Hello my friends ~

It is a beautiful fall day here in Ontario.  Clear and crisp



The leaves are starting to turn beautiful colours.  I so enjoy fall ~



We walk around our property a lot or we take a golf cart ride ;-).  It is so peaceful and beautiful.  Well, in our back yard there is a very strange tree

Here it is ~



I have been doing a little investigating and I found out that this is a Native American marker tree.  We live on the shores of Lake Erie and many many years ago, the Native Americans would bend a tree down to mark their trail ~



I think this tree is very special and I love to sit in it in the nice weather.  A perfect spot to perch.

Now that I know it's origin, I really think we have a treasure here.  Of course, I am very interested in History, so this just thrills me.

I thought I would share this treasure with you.

Have a wonderful day!

(((Hugs)))

Marianne

3 comments:

  1. That is so cool! Thanks for sharing. I always love to learn about history. You'll have to give your new spot a name! Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really interesting tree Marianne. I've not heard of them before but you certainly do have a special treasure in your yard. Happy November to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.
    _______
    Fashions

    ReplyDelete