Monday, November 23, 2015

putzing for Christmas ~


Hello my friends ~ I am just putzing today.  The snow that we  received the other day has put me in the Christmas Spirit ~




I have added little mittens to my pink door in the living room ~



A little dog wood in my iron stone pitcher ~

Then I went outside with Chico ;-)  We gathered up some pine cones and greenery around our property ~



and hung it up on the porch ~



put a little in my galvanized tub and of course, put out my little sleigh and skates.  Added a little dog wood and voila





The front porch is now decorated for Christmas and it was all free~!  I love free.

I want to keep the decorations true to the period of the house.  No lights, sorry they did not have them in the 1800's.

How are you decorating this year?

Can't wait to see what you have done


Come on Chico, let's go outside and gather up more pine cones and greenery for the inside of the house.  You can chase the squirrels~!

Have a wonderful Monday ~

(((Hugs)))

Marianne



7 comments:

  1. No fair! I want snow! Even better, a white Christmas which I have never had. Love your entrance. Stars are always my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your vintage style decorations Marianne. There's nothing like fresh greenery inside and out. I have some dogwood and rose hips in containers inside and outside I have greenery and dogwood. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks so nice Marianne! How fun to go outside and gather it all and then put it together. You're further ahead than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your free decorations.... so true to the 1800s. Even the snow as free.... Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your porch looks wonderful! Merry Christmas and Happy Healthy 2016 Marianne & family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was really searching for such a nice post and got here...Thanks for sharing such a nice information, its beneficial for me...Keep sharing more scireviewworld

    ReplyDelete