Monday, October 5, 2015

The Bedroom is almost complete


Good morning~!

The sun is shining here in Ontario this morning.  It is a glorious day.  Crisp and cool, but sunny.

I'm back today to show you the bedroom.  It is almost complete.  

Here it is before ~



Like I said before, the colour was way too dark for me and I didn't really care for the olive green colour.  But now, ahhhhh~



A peaceful retreat.  This is an old farmhouse and the bedrooms are smaller than our other home, but, I am completely in love with this room and I love the colour (duck egg)



A little reading, knitting corner to while away the evening ~ sometimes, a place to unwind after a busy day.



The little jewelry corner ~



and I just love, love, love my new throw rug.  My daughter bought this and gifted it to me ~ thank you Britt.

All summer I have been enjoying the open windows, but now that fall is upon us, I am going to make curtains for the bedroom.  In the winter months, I find curtains give a room a cozy look.  Don't you agree?

I think I am going with drop cloth curtains.  Let me know what you think.

Here is the view from my front window ~



and here is the view from my west window



See?  No neighbours, so curtains weren't really a must ~

While we have been renovating, I also finished this ~



Busy, busy, busy



I canned, tomatoes, tomato basil sauce ~ tomatoes, green peppers and onions, pepper jelly, wild grape jelly and beets.  We also froze green beans, corn, kale and several herbs.  All of this came from our garden.  It's amazing isn't it?

I am ready for winter!

Can you understand  why I have not been around....but now that most of the work is done, I am back ~

Did you can this year?

I would love to hear from you.

(((Hugs)))

Marianne

10 comments:

  1. Oh your bedroom looks so cozy and inviting!. Love the color. Turned cold here this weekend, now in sweats and sweatershirts under the quilt. Going to warm up later into the 80's so some window open weather for us later. So good to see a post from you, enjoy your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bedroom sure looks Lovely. Much better with that color than the olive green. And you sure been a busy bee, lol.
    Hope you have a greeat day.
    Love Elzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such a beautiful bedroom, so soothing. Look at all the canning, yum yum.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the lighter color in your bedroom! I haven't canned in YEARS!!! Good for you. I have light sheers in my living room...I LOVE light in my rooms.
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was all worth the wait wasn't it? Your farmhouse is lovely and serene. Your views idyllic. I am so happy for you. Enjoy every moment in the home that was always meant to be yours.

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bedroom is lovely and such a soft looking rug from your daughter. I am a fan of blues and aqua so duck egg and the pretty painted piece really appeal to me. I didn't make our usual strawberry freezer jam for our home and my sister's and we are really going to miss it this year. I really should can though. How great that you stopped by and thanks for your kind comment! I always enjoy finding other Canadian and Ontario bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that chair is the perfect spot for reading with a cup of tea or coffee. You've done such a wonderful job with your retreat.
    So glad you had a productive garden this year.
    Looking forward to the rest of the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bedroom is so pretty! I like the soft wall colour and the chair in the cozy corner and the great views from the windows. Beautiful! Have a great week.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH yes the room looks much better
    I like how it even brighten up your windows
    love the canned tomatoes also

    ReplyDelete
  10. xem phim xác sống phần 6Nhóm Rick sẽ làm gì để sống sót, và họ sẽ dẫn lối cho những người ở Alexandria như thế nào? xem phim hoàng đế lưu manhBộ phim phản ánh những thông điệp rằng mọi người có thể chia sẻ những khó khăn nhưng không thể chia sẻ sự giàu có phim dao ha luu tinh tvb 2015Hơn 20 năm sau khi con trai ông là Lỗ Cường phát triển tình cờ tìm ra manh mối tôi đã bỏ vô trong chiếc hòm của già sau khi chôn trong vườn, ngọa hổ tàng long 2Ngô Thanh Vân không giấu được niềm hào hứng khi đây là bộ phim sẽ giúp tên tuổi cô đến với khán giả toàn cầu phim công công xuất cungNội dung phim nói về cuộc đời của những vị thái giám sau khi triều đại phong kiến sụp đổ hoàn toàn bi quyet luyen rong 3theo thông tin mới đây từ hãng DreamWorks thì phần 3 của series phim điện ảnh hoạt hình bom tấn này sẽ ra mắt vào năm 2016 xem phim kiêu hùng tvbở Thượng Hải thời kỳ dân quốc, liên tiếp những trận chiến diễn ra giữa các băng đảng xem phim cuong thi tvbCâu chuyện bắt đầu từ 500 năm trước, trong cuộc giao chiến với cương thi, xem phim Naruto Shippuuden trọn bộ Họ e sợ một ngày nào đó khi phong ấn không thể kìm giữ được Cửu vĩ hồ, Naruto sẽ trở thành sự hủy diệt cho ngôi làng xem phim One Piece trọn bộ Cậu theo dấu chân của vị vua hải tặc quá cố, Gol D. Roger, chu du từ đảo này sang đảo khác để đến với kho báu vĩ đại One Piece. phim han quoc running man Tôi không thể tin rằng Ji Hyo nhảy khác nhau thời gian này phim cám dỗ nghiệt ngã tập cuối Bộ phim là câu chuyện về một người phụ nữ buộc phải dấn thân vào thế giới hào nhoáng xem phim dac vu S.h.i.e.l.d phan 3

    ReplyDelete