Sunday, December 2, 2012

a Little Decorating ~


It has been a while my friends ~ I hope everything is well with you ~  I want to first thank you all for your suggestions and advice that you have given me ~ it really helped.  Britt is a little more settled now, thanks to you ~ YOU really are the BEST ~


We have been busy, shopping, getting Britt settled and trying to decorate for Christmas ~ My favourite time of the year ~ Can you smell the cinnamon and allspice  with a little citrus mixed in?



This year I am leaning toward simple decorations.  I gave alot of my decorations to Britt and she is thrilled to have them.  She has been putting them here and there around her new HOME~


A little glass sleigh and reindeer on top of a cake plate ~


My mother's silver cream and sugar with a little bottle brush tree in it ~  I added the ink well ~ I love this look


I had to put up my little tinsel tree ~ so I put her in a silver ice bucket ~ perfect ~


The mantel is very simple with silver and mercury glass with a touch of white ~


A little glimpse of my new white Christmas Tree ~ I have always wanted one ~


I made a sheet music garland ~


Of course, a little pink ~




I love my new white Christmas Tree ~

I know you all have been decorating ~ what is your favourite holiday theme this year?

Can't wait to hear ~ and I am so GLAD to be back ;-)

((((Hugs))))

Marianne

18 comments:

  1. Keeping it simple here too. Only took out a handful of handmade decorations. The older I get, the less I can stand the clutter!
    Your treasures are stunning. Glad to hear your little one is feeling better. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much ~ simple is just wonderful ~ Have a great evening ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ADORE the white tree! ... and the sheet music garland... and silver and glass together - beautiful! Glad to hear Britt is doing better.
    luv ya! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new white tree! Exciting! I like the little tinsel one to! Perfect in the urn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh everything looks lovely , I do like the sheet music garland awesome idea. We have gone simple here as well . From a big tree to all decked out over the years to a table tree and our few favorite country craft decorations and woodsy things . Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Evening, so pretty all your Christmas touches, white tree is so beautiful......I find myself going more primitive and simple in the Christmas decorating, Happy to hear your Daughter is getting settled......Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you house looks wonderful!and so very glad to hear your daughter is setteling in change is hard.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home looks lovely all decorated for the Holidays Marianne. We have never had a white tree but I am loving yours! I hope your daughter Britt is enjoying her new home. Have a great week!

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your little touches. The tree is magnificent! Love the touches of pink. Yes I can smell the spices. Glad your daughter is settling in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your decorations are very pretty. I did a white tree this year too. I think it is very vintage looking. I love your little tinsel tree in the ice bucket - so sweet. Happy decorating to you and your daughter.

    xo
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have so many pretty things, the vintage ones are especially pretty. Your tree looks vintage, is it? I'm glad to her that Brit is doing better. Growing up is hard, our 27 year old told me that again just a few weeks ago when we were visiting with her. But they do and they do a good job of it, usually. And we can be very proud of them for being so brave.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your decor and tree are lovely my dear, a brilliant change! Im going for more natural, so alot of pinecones and twinkle lights. :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all your decor Marianne, especially the ice bucket with the tree in it! Now I finally know what I can use mine for! My Momma gave me 2 a few years ago when she was cleaning out the basement. Perfect!
    Thanks for your visit!

    Deborah xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful holiday decor and your silver set is gorgeous! Looks like you are enjoying the festivities of the season.

    leslie
    www.trouverlesoleil.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the sheet music garland - that is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Christmas touches this year are all so pretty. Love your white tree!
    Thank you so much for stopping by.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your white tree , I have ones to use this year and noticed yours has lights on it , so I must go out and purchase some white lights for mine, last year I just put decorations on it
    I use to put up 6 trees , however this year I am down to 3, getting older LOL I guess

    Its so fun to see your decorations it has insoired me to get busy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for your kind comment on my Christmas stairway decor. I'm so glad your daughter is settling in!

    ReplyDelete