Sunday, October 28, 2012

Playing in the kitchen~


Happy Sunday my friends ~ This weekend I have been playing in the kitchen ~

Last night, I made a shrimp pasta dinner for Mr. Vintage ~



It was yummy, Shrimp, Spinach and Asiago cheese ~ mmmm ~


It was such a lovely evening last night, that we went to the deck and had a lovely glass of wine and just relaxed.  It was a bit chilly but beautiful ~




Mr. Vintage bought some apples from a local farmer ~ they were really crispy and crunchy ~



They were starting to get soft ~ sooo ~ this morning, I made applesauce ~




This afternoon, I will be making apple pie and for dinner, meatloaf and mashed potatoes ~ yum ~

Having you been playing in the kitchen lately?

(((Hugs)))

Marianne

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to spend the weekend. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM, homemade applesauce. Love the first photo vignette too. This morning I made baking powder biscuits, so good hot out of the oven with butter and homemade jam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been playing in the kitchen a lot these days. LOVE IT! Sweet weekend adventure for you!

    Now girl...your comment on my post teared ME UP! My ONE photo with my maternal grandmother was taken when I was four at Knott's Berry Farm. I remember my father asking her to be in the picture. She looked much, much older than her 63 years. I'm sooo grateful for that photo today. I don't care anymore what I look like. I want my children's children to know me one day...if only thru my pics.

    Love to you~Rebecca PS: Click away. Start today! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shrimp pasta looks so yummy. Hubby's still away so no baking or special meals being cooked here. I'm forgetting how to cook!! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum....I need to come have dinner at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was hungry for meat loaf last week, which I made. must be the cooler weather, swiss steak tonight with mashed potato's.
    Your applesauce looks realllllly good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so good to be cooking and baking again, after such a hot summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos. I've been doing little in the kitchen this weekend except trying to stay away from it. Just this evening my husband reminded me that he'd asked me to bake homemade cinnamon-raisin bread. I think I'll do that this week,for it's supposed to be pretty cold out, a good time to bake. And homemade will be SO much tastier than the cardboard-like cinnamon raising bread from the store! Thanks for stopping in, and I hope you have a great week! (Love your hair, btw!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, everything looks so lovely, the yummy creations you make and the beautiful night sky. :)

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I've had this much fun playing in the kitchen! Everything looks wonderful!!!
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love homemade applesauce. I haven't made it in years...yours looks so good!

    ReplyDelete