Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sunny Saturday ~



Good morning everyone ~ I apologize that I have been missing, but Mr. Vintage has been going through some tests and we have been at the hospital alot lately. Hopefully, the tests will come back good ~ Please say a prayer for him

Well, my Sunflower is shining it's bright face upon the back yard ~ that is definitely something to smile about ;-)




She stands very tall ~


I planted a few of these, but she is the lone survivor of the hot hot temps and the dry dry weather.  Well, I am lucky to have one ~

Fall is in the air ~ my garden is just about done ~  Some of you asked about my little "Hillbilly" shack in the back yard.  It's my little potting shed that Mr. Vintage made for me ~ we have decorated it up ~




Just perfect for a Hillbilly shack ~ don't you think?

Now, I must show you what I made out of an old window ~


Mr. Vintage hung it on my green house, but I may hang it in front of our big window in the family room ~ hmmm ~ decisions, decisions

What do you think?  Tell me, your opinion counts so much

Have a wonderful Saturday my friends ~

(((Hugs)))

Marianne

15 comments:

  1. Hi Marianne!!!
    Sweet sunflower and I love your window...looks perfect as a backdrop to your adorable garden rooster!!! Hope Mr. Vintage is ok...prayed for him today!!!
    Blessings Sweetie...
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hillybilly shack. That is just great.
    You have so much to look at all of the time.
    Have a great Saturday! I will be cleaning my chicken coop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope all turns out well for mr vintage. What did you do to the window to make it look like that?
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Marianne! I LOVE the hillbilly shack - it is the cutest thing!! Your window is pretty...what did you use? glass stones? it's very fun!
    Know that we will keep Mr. V in our prayers that all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love your hillbilly shack! You really have some neat decor on it for sure. The window is really pretty and might look nice indoors too. Try it, take a picture and show us. I pray your hubby's tests will come out okay. Have an enjoyable weekend. hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts are with you and your Sweetie! Your Hillbilly shack is a perfect potting shed and great addition to your garden. Have a good weekend and I just know things are going to turn for your Mr.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would bring that window inside! It's beautiful! I hope your hubby does well, too! Take care...both of you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures, love the sunflower, one of my favorites. Prayers for Mr. Vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your window right where it stands.

    Sending ~healing~ thoughts to Mr. V.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahhhhh....Now I know about the Hillbilly shack. It is FUN. It is fun to have a place to use our imagination and Create a space.

    that is a HUGE sunflower...I love them, I don't think it stays warm enough here in Alberta to grow one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for Mr. Vintage. I love your Hillbilly shack! :) And your window is wonderful. That IS a very tall sunflower! I love the hibiscus too.
    Enjoy the heat...it will soon end.
    Blessings,
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I must have a "hillbilly" shack of my own!! It reminds me of the bayou, mystical, with a touch of romance =) Have a great weekend!! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your cottage to nice to be hillybilly's!
    I am sorry for Mr. health issues...will be sending out thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving your sweet ol' hillbilly shack!
    Hoping everything turns out ok with your honey!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh to have a Mr Vintage and a hillbilly shed like that.
    That is the cutest back yard shed I have seen this summer in blog land

    hope all goes well with you two


    Janice

    ReplyDelete