Monday, December 19, 2011

Chessie and Cake ~

Happy Monday my friends ~ would you care for a piece of German Rum Cake?

I made this the other day ~ one of my mother's recipes ~ Mom made this cake every year at Christmas ~ the only problem was, when I looked in the cook book (she had it written on the inside cover), she only listed the ingredients and nothing else ~ I had to close my eyes and imagine my mom making this wonderful cake.... and yes it is YUMMY.

Well, we are celebrating here at the Vintage household, our new furbaby Chessie is fitting in rather well.  He is just a sweet heart ;-)


Isn't he a handsome boy?

We have had so much fun with Chessie today, but now we are all tired including Chessie.



I'm not tired mommy, no I'm not~!

It is time to have a piece of cake and a cup of hot chocolate and sit in front of the fire and relax ~ Chessie, I'll give you a treat ;-)

I hope you all have a wonderful evening

((((Hugs))) to you all

What are you doing to relax this evening?

Marianne

8 comments:

  1. Chessie is such a beautiful chocalate color, I'm sure he will bring joy to your heart. Enjoy a cup of tea and a piece of your mom's cake for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cake looks wonderful and I love the fact that you had to bring up images of your Mom making it so you could repeat the process.

    Chessie is gorgeous! Those eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes he is most handsome! The cake looks absolutely delicious. Hugs, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, I love rum cake! We have a friend who bakes rum cake every Christmas and I look forward to it soooo much! I love it because of the texture, flavor and powdered sugar ( no icing)! Yummy. Now on to the very best news ~ Chessie! The perfect addition to your family. No, not a replacement for Mindy, but an addition. Look at that face. Oh how I love retrievers. I am happy for you all. Chessie will help you all to heal so much faster. Love to you all this Christmas!!

    Big Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chester is so beautiful, I love his soulful eyes!
    Your rum cake looks delicious!
    How is Mr Vintage doing?
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cake looks amazing...so nice that you have your mom's cookbook. Thanks for stopping by my blog...it's been a while ago. I'm trying so hard to catch up on emails and blog visits. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just the sweetest! Isnt it always fun when baking old time goodies? Your baby is a dear!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's just precious! And I'm so glad he's there with you to spend the holidays. Merry Christmas to you and your furry babies!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete