Sunday, November 2, 2014

Getting Cozy ~



Hello my friends ~

The ghouls and goblins have all but disappeared.  Now it's time to get cozy ~



time to enjoy comfort food ~ enjoy the bountiful harvest.  I love squash ~ don't you?

Stews and soups are just what is needed right now ~



I made this venison stew ~ yum ~



time to enjoy fall and all of its beautiful colors ~ The crisp fresh air ~



time to snuggle up with a lovely worn quilt ~



and a cup of tea and a treat ~

time to slow down and enjoy ~

As I said Mr. Vintage and I have been going through some trying times, but hopefully, that is behind us now.  We need to be good to ourselves and relax.  That is exactly what we are going to do.  Enjoy life ~

I do have to show you a couple of little pretties that I have picked up this summer ~



Little miniature chairs and I used an old door knob for a table 



A little fairy swing ~ need to make a cushion for this ~



Little cups and saucers.  Love these

Enjoy your day~!

Chico is enjoying the sunshine streaming through the garden door.



Enjoy the sunshine wherever you are~

(((Hugs)))

Marianne

xo

11 comments:

  1. Good morning Marianne
    Great job on finding your new vintage treasures, I love all of them! Your stew looks so yummy and I do love squash of any kind.
    It is great to see you posting again! Take care.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Afternoon, love your getting cozy, that's what I like about November. Sweet goodies you picked up, love the wee cups and saucers.Keep Cozy, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be good to yourselves... take some time to enjoy life, as you say.
    The miniature chairs are so cute! I'd think I'd like to replicate those for my doll house!
    They look simple enough...I'm going to pin your photo on my doll house board!
    I love the vintage 'scale' dial... and your wood floors are nice!
    That is one of the projects we must be about doing.
    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what Papa and I have been doing now that all the garden clean up is done we go for walks in the fresh crisp air or play outside with our Miggs and then get all cozy and relax in our chairs like yours there with a lovely cuppa tea and a sweet treat YUMMY ! ! Cute photos ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops..too many mis-spelled words...Love the old clock and it is the time of year to have comfort food and stay cozy.
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you captured it all! Warmth, coziness, and treasured finds! Does a girl's heart good! Glad to see you posting again Marianne!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stay warm Chico!. But I agree with mom and old quilt to snuggle up with is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home always looks so inviting. The scale is a real treasure! Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodmorning. Here in Holland its misty and cold. But your warm blog make me happy
    http://regenenzonneschijn.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I pray things have calmed for you and your hubby and that you truly are relaxing and enjoying this season of life! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete