Saturday, July 20, 2013

It's been a while



Hello my friends, it has been a while ~


There have been storm clouds at the Vintage household.  As you may know, my father in law passed on June 4, 2013.  We will miss him terribly ~

And then......


Aunt Judy passed away on July 18 after a brief battle with cancer.

But ~ we must look upward and seek strength. For after the storm clouds roll away ~


Blue skies emerge ~


and rainbows appear ~


and you just know, the Lord is with you, giving you the strength to take one step at a time, to put one foot in front of the other and to keep going ~

"He is my strength and my Salvation, whom shall I fear?"


nothing and no one  ~ for the Lord is with me ~


I still see beauty everywhere ~


I now take the time to stop and really absorb all of the beauty around me ~


For it is everywhere ~



Even my favourite rock ~

My friends, take the time to hug your family, look around you and really enjoy all of nature's wonders, hold each other close ~ 


Time is precious ~ slow down, relax, and enjoy life ~ We have learned that life is precious and we take the time to enjoy each moment ~ even the smallest of things ~


Do you take time to enjoy life's moments?  Please do


I hope you missed me as much as I have missed all of you ~

Mom is doing better these days.  It's going to be hard for her for a while, but we stay close.


Soon I will be back to my old antics (yep, yard sales, creating ~ you know).  I don't want to miss a second ;-)

Have a wonderful weekend my friends

((((Hugs))))

Marianne

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back Marianne. I'm glad you took some much needed time to attend to family matters. That is so important. The passing of a loved one keeps one's life in perspective and we learn to appreciate life and our surrounding even more. Blessings to you! Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have you back ! I am sorry for your loss . I'm with Pamela about The passing of a loved one keeps one's life in perspective and we learn to appreciate life and our surrounding even more. Lovely photos ! We had T-storm after T-storm last night here it was awesome the rain was well needed ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your pain. Praying peace and resolution for you and yours.
    Continue to see the blessings that surround you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your loss...but I can see by your writing, that you are trusting the LORD.
    He is our strength and our salvation ...and a great source of comfort.
    blessings, Pat

    ReplyDelete