Sunday, December 9, 2012

A little Christmas on the Porch ~


Welcome my friends ~ How time is flying by.  I can't believe that it is December 9th already ~


We have been busy shopping, decorating and getting ready for Christmas.   I KNOW all of you have been busy and your decorations are just beautiful ~ I love visiting all of you and seeing what you have done.  Such inspiration ~


I like decorating the outside of our home with simple evergreens and gold bows ~  I love the look ~



Mr. Vintage and I took a ride and gathered some evergreens.  Then, my neighbour came over and asked us to trim his evergreens for him.  We gladly did so ;-)



Mr. Vintage picked up this mailbox at the local thrift store, so I decided that it needed to be part of the festivities ~


I added some greenery and some holly and ofcourse, a couple of presents wrapped in sheet music and tied with raffia ~


Then I took a stroll through our local thrift shop and look what I found ~


These home made lace mini Christmas Stockings ~ well, I just had to have them for $1.25 for all ~


I made a little Christmas banner and hung it in front of the kitchen window ~


I just love this little Christmas stocking banner ~


Of course, I hung my salt dough icicle banner on the fireplace ~


I love the way they shimmer in the light ~ especially, at night when the Christmas lights are on ~

Britt and I decorated her Christmas tree yesterday, it was such fun ~!
And I would like to introduce you to a new member of her family.  He is an absolutely sweetheart, although won't stand still for a picture ~



Meet Annikan, Annie for short ~ sorry for the fuzzy pictures, but he is quite lively and squirmy and won't stay in one place for too long.  I PROMISE to get some good pictures of him during the Holidays ;-)

Today, I am taking some time for MYSELF ~

Are you taking some quiet time for yourself?  I hope so.  We all need rest during the Holidays ~

((((Hugs))))

Marianne

12 comments:

  1. I just love all of your decorations, especially the old mailbox all fixed up pretty!... and of course sweet little Annie... doggie kisses!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marianne, your front entrance is so pretty. I love your yellow door and sweet sweet shutters. That mail box is adorable! Good job Mr. Vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your porch. The mailbox and lace stockings too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marriann, what a wonderful job you did decorating the porch, I love it, so festive.......what a sweet furry face, so happy you got a new addition to the family.......Blessings Francine....Oh, cute little stocking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The porch looks amazing! So festive and welcoming. You really did a great job! I like the color of the door and the siding together. They complement each other well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marianne, I love your porch all decorated for Christmas. The mailbox is really a nice idea filled with greens and paper wrapped gifts. Love the stockings in the window too. Christmas is a busy time and even though I'm not ready I'm not going to fuss and worry over things not done, like Christmas cards. :) Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like what I'd expect from you...LOVELY and VINTAGE and totally charming.
    I love those lace stocking garland things you hung. So so cute.
    Love the mail box idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the mailbox and the tiny stocking banner, everything is looking very festive at your house.
    Britt's dog is adorable, I'm sure that has helped her loneliness disappear somewhat.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those little lacy stockings make a perfect little garland and the mail box sure is cute filled with surprises inside. As busy as this month can get, I still stop and think about what I am truly celebrating and that brings me a peace that fills my heart.

    xo
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love everything I see sweet friend. The stockings are darling! What a fabulous price. Oh my gosh...amazing.

    Your decor is simple and yet so refined. Beautiful. Just beautiful.

    Love, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad Brit decided to get her some comfort. I think it'll do her a world of good!
    Your holly and green arrangements look lovely. Gives me the inspiration to try it myself!
    Those stockings are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh everything looks divine!! You have really pulled a fabulous job on your house my dear! :D

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete